Ticket #1953 (new enhancement)
tty setup for gps at startup -- /etc/init.d/gps-hardware
|Reported by:||h.koenig||Owned by:||Nytowl|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
1) bug & fix:
everyone has trouble with the output of "cat /dev/ttySAC1" after 1st startup,
some not so clever apps might fail.
why not set reasonable tty setting at boot time ?
2) further improvement/idea:
what about using a generic /dev/symlink like /dev/gps or similar by default ?
- once hardware might change and /dev/ttySAC1 is spelled differently in GTA3++
- it's a single point where I can switch all gps apps/configs to use e.g.
a BT gps receiver with "ln -sf rfcomm0 /dev/gps"
right now I'm using this /etc/init.d/gps-hardware
# This is a dummy file. Some machines use it to bring up integrated GPS
# devices on demand.
ln -sf ttySAC1 /dev/gps
stty -echo -icrnl < /dev/gps
- Owner changed from openmoko-devel to julian_chu
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- HasPatchForReview unset
- Component changed from unknown to Distro