Ticket #1961 (reopened defect)
Distortion when switching to/from landscape mode
|Reported by:||Mercury||Owned by:||openmoko-devel|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
When switching from landscape to portrait, or from portrait to landscape, the screen temporarily shows a distorted image. Chances are the orientation swap happens slightly before/after the change to the video buffer. (Portrait to inverted portrait, or landscape to inverted landscape does not have the same problem)
Perhaps the screen should be blacked out (or some other uniform color) or the backlight should be temporarily shut off during the orientation swap.
1) Install the accelerometer gestures and screen orientation software as instructed here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gestures Or use the xrandr command to change screen orientation manually.
2) Rotate the orientation of the display.
- Latest update from unstable feed
- opkg list_installed attached
- Status changed from new to closed
- HasPatchForReview unset
- Resolution set to duplicate