Ticket #2078 (closed defect: fixed)
glamo-mci.0: ****** insanity timeout
|Reported by:||Sprite_tm||Owned by:||openmoko-kernel|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
I use Debian on an 8GB SDHC-card, and compile my kernels from the andy-tracking-branch straight from Git. For a while now (actually, since I started using the andy-tracking-kernel, which probably is a few weeks now), I had strange hangs with my Freerunner, which I eventually, using the debug board, could trace back to SD-problems.
The problem is reproducable by doing a simple 'dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/dev/zero bs=1024k'. On my freerunner, this will exit with an i/o-error, sometimes after 22M, sometimes after 220M, but it'll never faultlessly read the complete SDHC-card.
The errors I get in my dmesg are the following:
[21474792.505000] glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: insanity timeout
[21474792.505000] glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0xc300
[21474792.510000] mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
[21474792.515000] end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 14882256
(after a non-fatal error)
[ 552.545000] glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: insanity timeout
[ 552.545000] glamo-mci glamo-mci.0: Error after cmd: 0x4300
[ 552.550000] mmcblk0: error -110 sending read/write command
(and after this, my userspace hung on trying to do anything with the sd-card)
My card is an 8G Sandisk Micro-SDHC-card (non-Ultra), class 4, but I had the hanging-problems with an 8G Sandisk Mobile Ultra-SDHC-card too, so that would hint at the problem being independant of SDHC-hardware.
Messing with the sd_max_clk (16MHz->5MHz) and the sd_drive (0->3->6) didn't seem to affect the error.
I just tried reverting to the 2.6.24-kernel which came with the debian distribution (iirc, that's the same as fso uses) and the dd does succeed there 100% OK, even at 16MHz sd_clk_max (althoug it seems to move data a lot slower then with the newer kernel, but that could be just me.)