Ticket #2259 (new defect)
Opened 5 years ago
Neo Freerunner vibrates endlessly if voicemail notice appears during a phone call
|Reported by:||msporny||Owned by:||openmoko-devel|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
The Neo Freerunner vibrates endlessly if a voicemail notice appears during a phone call. Here's how to re-create the bug:
- Call anybody or receive a call via Qtopia Dialer application. This happens most often when checking messages by calling your own phone number. You must either already have a message or somebody must leave a message for you while you're on the call. Your phone must be in the "Vibrate only" ring profile.
- A Qtopia Messenger dialog appears notifying you that you have a new message. The phone will start vibrating. It asks you if you want to view the message now, select "Yes".
- Qtopia Messager appears with a message from: 'd@' - where 'd' is the greek letter 'delta'. The phone will continue to vibrate.
- Select "Options->Move to Trash..." on the message. Then select "Back" until you're back in the Dialer. The phone will continue to vibrate.
- Close the call via Dialer and exit Dialer. The phone will continue to vibrate forever. Going back into Dialer or Messenger doesn't stop it from vibrating.
The only way that I've gotten it to stop vibrating is by shutting down and re-starting the phone.
Currently installed software:
My carrier is AT&T in Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
tien:/etc# cat /etc/version 200809160822 tien:/etc# cat /etc/om-version Tag Name: VERSION: 21895bf33f04f36292eec686438b55a514cb715d Branch: org.openmoko.asu.stable Build Host: barbie Time Stamp: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:25:15 +0800 tien:/etc# uname -a Linux tien 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Sun Dec 14 08:58:53 CST 2008 armv4tl unknown tien:/etc# opkg list_installed (attached)