Ticket #604 (closed defect: wontfix)
DFU at bootdelay conflicts with normal boot nand read
|Reported by:||elrond+bugzilla.openmoko.org@…||Owned by:||openmoko-kernel|
|Cc:||buglog@…, werner@…||Blocked By:|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
I've set bootdelay to something like 7 or 8 seconds, so I don't have to use the
AUX button every time I want to get into u-boot.
This time also allows to fire up dfu and load a new kernel into RAM and boot it
there from u-boot.
- power Neo on (or reboot)
- Use dfu-util to download other kernel into RAM, while bootdelay...
- picocom into u-boot to boot the kernel (will fail, as the memory is half overwirrten by the nand read)
- power Neo on
- picocom into u-boot to interrupt bootdelay
- picocom again into u-boot
- boot kernel
(1) gives the error as shown in the pic.
(2) works nicely.
Note1: this bug is a bit related to #207.
Note2: I set this bug to minor and lower prio, as a documented (in this bug)
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Owner changed from michael to openmoko-kernel
- HasPatchForReview unset
- Component changed from u-boot to System Software