Ticket #719 (closed defect: fixed)
nand-erase of rootfs triggered by dfu-util incomplete?
|Reported by:||hns@…||Owned by:||werner@…|
|Blocking:||Estimated Completion (week):|
It took quite long to find the "bug" when flashing a different rootfs simply failed. No error messages from
dfu-util. Nothing. But the OpenMoko? system behaved strangely.
A small note finally said that one should go into the serial interface and do a nand erase * if the new
rootfs is smaller than the previous one *
Why is this not automatically recognized by dfu-util, jffs2 or uboot (or whoever is responsible for it). What
to do if one does not have a serial interface?
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
Changed 6 years ago by hns@…
- Attachment 2C2D369E-B8D6-4583-BA61-61891FB34D11-2407-0000021AD94A3665.png added
- Component changed from dfu-util to u-boot
- Summary changed from dfu-util should be able to initiate a nand-erase to nand-erase of rootfs triggered by dfu-util incomplete?